打印

魔二代中央集权的开始——魔电云!

魔二代中央集权的开始——魔电云!

anhei3战网
目前来看,魔电云是指建立一个储存魔电所有数据的云端,使用户可以通过客户端读取更新和下载其中的内容。包括帮助文档、游戏补丁、练法指引等。同时其中还可以选择各种语言,全球的人都可以对其进行翻译,也会分享总结或心得。这无疑大大利于魔电的传播和发展。

不过,随着西格玛的来临,魔电云在方便的同时也更加限制了游戏文件。即必须去国际服才能玩到全部内容,不能使用各种插件,这对国内玩家并不友好。但是,这也无可厚非,毕竟魔电是属于别人的劳动成果。他们对中国完全没有好感,全是之前国内一些人的不良行为带来的恶果。

所以,国内战网的最终版也不远了。大家应该珍惜这种等待更新的心情,因为之后,再没有更新了。

以下为魔二代发言:

Marco

Hello all.

I am really excited to present this to you. Because the possibilities are just beyond... everything. It's something that will help development of the mod immensely, but it can also provide a lot of cool stuff to the players. This is: theMedian XL Database. To sum up, I've created a script that converts the game's source files into cloud databases. So what does this mean exactly...? I don't know where to start, but I'll try.

How is this useful as a player?Basically there are two problems when the game's source is public:

1) First problem is, as we all know, intellectual property. And this is the reason Laz for most of the time, and me, since ultimative, have kept the source private. There's no way to prevent some random guy from taking the source, claiming it is his, then stealing partial/all content from the mod. Additionally, people can get information that maybe they're not supposed to know, such as secret items or being able to understand formulas so that they can exploit them. Finally, it also enables people to make hacks with much less effort.

2) Second problem is: most people don't know what's going on. Say, you want to find out how much damage a certain skill does. There are many factors and formulas to calculate a skill's damage, and you would need to spend a couple of hours googling what is what before you can guess the result. Even if you finally understand how to do it, it's still really slow and unefficient to do this just by looking at tables and writing down potential formulas in a notepad.

Median XL's Database (MXLDB from now on) fixes both problems. We will basically use PHP scripts to display only the information we want to display, and how we want to display it. Let's go a bit more in depth of what we can do with this.

DYNAMIC CONTENTThis means that using the source, we can instantly generate content (lists) using the source. For example:
  • A list of all oskills and procs in the game that deal fire damage and cost less than 50 mana per cast.
  • The amount of duncraig runs I have to do in average before I find that fucking sacred warp blade.
  • The odds of a hatred blood moor run dropping 7 chipped emeralds.
  • How much life does a yeti have in destruction.
  • What is the monster that appears most often in the game.
  • When do tier 5 gothic plates start dropping.
  • How many cows do I have to kill before I get to level 125.
  • A list of demons whose name starts with "D".

So I just used really specific examples because the truth is: absolutely everything can be known. Even the most stupid irrelevant detail you could ever think of. But macro, can I know the meaning of life?. Well, while everything can be answered, computers don't understand english nor do they play diablo to know what you're talking about. Here is where user scripts come in. Basically, anyone can write a script, using a certain logic and telling the server what and where to look everything, and then connect it all and display it to the end user. For example, user Z makes a script to find how much health X monster has. He sends it to me, I read it, make sure it works, then I upload it, and then everyone can use it. To sum up, everything can be known as long as someone provides a protocol (or logic) to tell the database what we need. Once that is done, the script can be used by everyone until end of time.

DYNAMIC, FUNCTIONAL, AUTO-MAINTAINED DOCUMENTATIONWell, needless to say, documentation can always be up-to-date and accurate with this. So we don't need quirinus/suchbalance going through the changelogs and updating stuff manually. But on top of this, documentation can be converted into an App rather than plain text documents. By app I mean "something that has functionality". For example, being able to search / sort content. Or when I see an item gives "+5 to Amatoxin" and maybe I don't know what the hell that is, I can just click it to get all details about this skill.

TRANSLATION PACKSI know that a lot of people wanted to translate the mod to other languages. But there are a few problems with this:
a) It requires modding knowledge
b) It's a fuckton of work
c) If you want to do a cooperative translation, there are no good ways to keep proper sync with files
d) When a new patch comes out, it's not really clear what's changed and what's new

All of it can be fixed with MXLDB. Basically, I can create a web application that contains translation projects for any language you can think of. Once that is done, people from all around the world could cooperate to translate the mod, with no modding knowledge, just reading a text and translating it. Then other people could review it and confirm it's ok. Eventually, once all is done, MXLDB could generate the string files so that someone inserts them into the mod (which is easy, the MPQ is like a RAR file). When new patch comes out, then MXLDB will tell which lines might require updating, so the work here would be super simple again.

How is this useful as a modder?I don't want to go too deep into this as probably most don't care or understand. But a lot of this affects the players too, since more efficient modding = more time and less stress = more updates, and of better quality. As some of you might know, txt files are basically "tables" that need to be edited manually. Thanks to MXLDB, I am able to change content programatically, which is not only a lot more fun and challenging to do, but also it's more time efficient, a lot less likely to end up buggy, and not tedious. "Hey macro, can you plz do this?" - "Nah, it's a lot of work" - Not anymore!

DETECTION OF BUGS AND UNUSED CONTENTWith proper scripts, a lot of bugs (such as syntax bugs) can be found. Additionally, I can find stuff that isn't being used and remove it, to make the mod lighter and faster. But also to gain more functionality, since as many of you know, there are tons of annoying limits preventing new content from being added. So not only can I automatically fix bugs, but I can also find bugs that were unlikely to ever be found. This will also help to keep the source cleaner, and by having less trash lying around, at least some performance increases should become noticeable.

A TSUNAMI CAN HIT MY HOMEHaving all the files hosted in a cloud means that even if my computer explodes or gets hit by a tsunami, the source will always be there and backed up. From now on, all versions and all data from the mod will be in the cloud, safe and protected. So even if I die, we can just have whist find a new kiddo to do the content work and have a new Median XL Ultimative Ultimatus Alpha Omega 2019 mod.

[ 本帖最后由 暗黑魔电殿主 于 2015-12-26 11:13 编辑 ]
您目前仅能浏览部分内容,查看全部内容及附件,请先 登录注册
分享到:

评分 TOP

以后不再更新魔电了啊!!去国际战网? 会不会很卡!!也不能开图了是吗?

评分 TOP

额 我等吧   都这么久了 不在乎等久一点

评分 TOP